Website Building Services
Building a website used to be something that would take a ton of time and expertise. And much has changed since the world wide web first posted its first website in 1991. Today, the task is much easier even if you can barely create a spreadsheet. With web building services popping up everywhere and advances in technology that make creating a website easy for beginners, there’s no reason you can’t have a website you love for personal or business use.
One problem many users are having though is choosing the right website building service to match their needs. After all, the whole concept of building a website can be tricky if you’re new to the game. Use this guide to learn more about choosing the right company for your website project.
Choosing The Right Domain Name
A domain name is incredibly important if you’re going to build a website that will thrive. It’s doubly important if you’re building a business website. Here are a few tips to help you choose the right domain name:
• Keep it simple, yet descriptive
• Make sure your domain name is easy to type
• Use keywords when choosing a domain name
• Avoid special characters like hyphens
• Make it memorable to new and regular users
What Can A Website Building Service Provide?
Website building services are designed to make creating your own site simple. To do this, much of the guesswork is taken out of the experience for the user. You also don’t need to know advanced web-based languages like HTML to perform basic tasks. Most providers do this by providing you with access to a wide variety of templates, additional apps and editing capabilities.
For most users, the major benefit of website building services is that you don’t have to be a pro to build a great website. With just a little time invested, you can have a wonderful looking website in the works in just a few hours.
Website Building Service Pricing Plans
Pricing plans vary depending on the website service that you choose, but for the most part, you’ll find a few basic structures. Here are the most common pricing plans for website hosting services today:
• Free plans. Many website building services offer a free starter site, but these sites typically are not ideal for complex business use. They can help you get your feet wet by creating a single page or landing page for further expansion.
• Monthly plans. Designed to be flexible for users, monthly plans typically vary in price based on the complexity and size of your site. Ranges are anywhere from $10 to $40.
• Annual plans. Designed for long-term and business users, annual plans typically help you save money by paying up-front or agreeing to make monthly payments for a 12-month period. Prices range from about $8 per month to plans that can cost $50 or more for business use.
Website Building Service Template Options
All website design services use templates to give users a beneficial starting point. Among the most common options you’ll find templates for:
• Personal blogs
• Photo-heavy blogs for travel, art or media
• Music and performance pages
• E-commerce and business pages
• Professional pages for individuals
• CV pages for resumes and job seekers
Custom App Choices With Website Building Services
Being able to customize your website is incredibly important if you’re running a business or trying to create a stylish personal page. Here are a few common app options you can add to your website using most website design services:
• Photo pages or gallery pages
• Text-based blog pages
• Online stores or e-commerce sections
• Credit card processing for payments
• Music or video
Available Integrations With Website Building Services
Being able to accept payments online, add photos or promote music or film projects is important for many users. So is being able to track valuable data and see how your website is performing. Marketing integrations allow you to do this. Here are a few common options most website design services provide:
• Google Analytics
• Facebook and Instagram integration
• Hello Bar
• Yandex Metrica
Editing Capabilities With Website Building Services
Most website design services aim to make building an ideal site easy for average users. That typically means templates that don’t allow for 100% flexibility. While this does simplify the process, you may want something a little more unique.
When searching for an ideal web design site for your new website, make sure you check and see how customizable their templates are. In most cases, you’ll be able to adjust fonts, font size and basic parameters of that nature. Users that need deeper, more advanced control or prefer to work with HTML coding may need to choose a design site that specifically allows for this.
Choosing a website design service to work with doesn’t have to be a daunting task. For most users, the very fact that there are at least a few viable options is actually a good thing. Before you sign up, take a few minutes to learn about each company and browse reviews.
You’ll also want to check out pricing plans and template styles before you begin. You may find that one service is the clear leader for your needs. You can also get a free trial period on most sites, so use that to your advantage when signing up to build your own website for the first time.
Advertising Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and at no additional cost to you, Watch the Review will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on these links.